Happy weekend! I'm a day late in posting this, but I figured y'all wouldn't mind...right? Trust me, you'll be happy I did when you see how cute (cheap and easy!) this project is.
At Christmas time everyone (especially the kids) had a blast unwrapping the beautifully done-up gifts at my MIL's house.
(let me tell you, my in-laws could all be professional wrappers!!)
As I watched all the pretty bows and ribbons go into the garbage I couldn't help it....
IT BUGGED ME.
I hate wasting things and all that pretty ribbon seemed to just be going to waste!
So what did I do?
I dug it out.
I have no shame, people.
I took it back home to UT with me and am determined to find creative ways to use it.
Took about 30 seconds to come up with this.
Check it out:
Leftover Christmas Ribbon Hair Clip Frame
We recently moved, so I am super new to the neighborhood.
I got a last-minute invitation to a baby shower and had to go
[it's a good way to meet ladies in the 'hood]
I contributed to the group gift, but last-minute I decided I wanted something for her to open, too.
[When I say last-minute, I'm not exaggerating.
At 6:53 I got this crazy idea...
the shower started at 7]
That's how awesomely fast this project is!
I ran to the garage and dug in my box of random frames.
[I buy them from yard sales, the dollar store, clearance, thrift stores, etc. and use them for pictures, or keep them on-hand for projects like this]
- I took out the cardboard thing and glass from the frame,
- and used it to measure and cut a piece of cute scrapbook paper (this is my leftover paper from THIS project. Told you I don't throw away anything...). I glued the paper to the board.
- I grabbed some of my leftover xmas ribbon and glued it to the back with a glue stick (remember, I had 7 minutes to make this and it was the closest thing on-hand! Hot glue would probably have been better), then taped it securely to the back.
- I stretched it tightly across the front, cut it to fit, and secured it on the back on the other side.
- Repeat as desired.
- Stick it back in the frame (omit the glass), put the back of the frame back on, and there you go!
I gave her a few hair bows I made, and simply clipped them onto the ribbon.
I threw it in a reused gift bag (which I always have on-hand) and made it to the shower by 7:04. NOT EVEN KIDDING.
There you go!
Told you it was easy.
Enjoy your weekend....