My little guy's favorite breakfast in the summer is popsicles. Yes, I said popsicles for breakfast! He thinks I'm such a cool mom but really it is very healthy! We make homemade smoothie popsicles with our old/left over fruit.
I don't really follow a recipe but I'll tell you our most common ingredients:
- 1 frozen banana
- a hand full of frozen blueberries
- about 1/2 cup of yogurt (in my house it is goat's yogurt because my boys are allergic to dairy)
- milk to the consistency you want (again we use goat's milk)
- I like to microwave about a tablespoon of honey to sweeten it (it must be microwaved or it will mess up your blender)
- Or I'll add some Xylitol to sweeten it
- I like to add strawberries to mine (my 3 year old is allergic so I don't add this if he is eating it)
And there you have it! Healthy, and easy!
What's your favorite smoothie recipes?!