- On Friday night we went to dinner and a hockey game with friends.
We went to an Indian restaurant that we had never tried before because our friends had bought a Groupon there, so we got a discounted dinner. It was good!
Our friends don't have the SL Pass so they had to buy tickets. I bought their tickets for them when I picked ours up before the game. Here's how my conversation went:
- Ticket Lady: "Ok, here are your tickets."
- Me: "Ok, and I actually need to buy 2 more for friends of ours. What are your cheapest tickets?"
- Ticket Lady: "$10 each"
- Me: "Ok great. Do you have any discounts or deals or coupons available by chance?"
- Ticket Lady: "Um, no, not really...Oh, unless you get one of these from a Maverik gas station" (holds up a $5 off coupon).
- Me: "Oh bummer! I was at Maverik twice yesterday!" (true, but I probably would have said something like that anyway!)
- Ticket Lady: "Oh shoot. Do you have a receipt or anything?"
- Me: (digging through my purse) "Oh! I might!" (just chit chatting) "I feel so dumb, I actually went yesterday. Once for gas and then I went back for their soft serve ice cream. I'm pregnant and it just sounded so good, I was so embarrassed to go back again!" (laughing while digging). "Shoot, I must have thrown it away. Is there any way I could just use that one?" (pointing to the coupon in her hand)
- Ticket Lady: "Sure, no problem."
- Me: "Thanks so much!" (continue to make small talk with her)
So rather than getting the tickets for $10 each, I got them for $10 TOTAL...just for asking! Remember the power of asking, and how you need to be assertive to get your way? It's just that easy!
- Saturday my husband sold $350 worth of stuff through the classifieds in less than 20 minutes!! Remember how wonderful it is to SELL YOUR STUFF whenever possible!
He won an ipod touch from a contest and sold that (remember to enter to win stuff!), he sold our black Wii (he got won at a fake-money auction at a work conference) that we didn't need any more (because we got an Xbox from Oprah), and sold a DDR game we bought for cheap off of Craigslist.
Total? We profited $350! He posted it, got a phone call within 20 minutes, and the guy came by and bought all three items.
It took him a whopping few minutes and now he has a load of cash to buy something fun with. I need to get my booty in gear and sell all my old prom dresses my mom dropped off for me.
Anyone need some old formals? :)
- Later Saturday night we went to Texas Roadhouse with some other friends, using a birthday freebie that I still had.
- After that we had a playdate with 5 moms + their kids at my neighbors' house, and our son slept in 3 hours later than usual on Sunday morning! Playdates are a great FREE way to wear out your kids, and get some mommy time in too :)
- On Saturday and Sunday we watched General Conference which is always wonderful and relaxing.
I made some cheap and yummy meals throughout the week/weekend that I will share with you tomorrow for Foodie Tuesday, and finished a baby blanket that I will show you on a Super Savvy Saturday sometime.
The best part of my weekend, though? My computer mysteriously busted on Friday and I couldn't even turn it on. It was AWFUL! Lucky Lauralee stepped in and posted a bunch for me :) Today I went to try my computer again, and DA-DING...worked like new. What the...?? I'm not complaining.
So that's how our weekend went! It was fun, cheap, and free...as usual :)
How did it go for all of you?