My husband and I love hosting parties...and we do it a lot. We average hosting about 1 big party each month, sometimes more! Parties can be expensive, but they don't have to be.
My favorite super-quick, super-cheap, and super-yummy party drink?
- Buy a few of the cheapest 2-liter of no-name clear sodas (like sprite or 7-up). You can often get them for less than $0.75 each. You could even buy a 3-liter from the dollar store! Fat-saving tip: Buy the diet kind. I promise you will never know the difference, but it will cut the calories.
- Buy a container of your favorite flavor of the no-name brand Crystal Lite. Make sure it's the kind that makes 2 quarts; the kind that is in the tube. I prefer the Walmart brand, it's cheapest. I have tried all sorts of flavors: peach, pomegranate, lemonade, raspberry, etc.; they are all great.
- Mix the cheap soda and "Crystal Lite" in a punch bowl, to taste. Typically one 2-liter mixed with one Crystal Lite container is a good dilution, however, taste as you go to make sure it's not too watery or strong.
- Add some fruit for look and taste: blueberries, cranberries, lemon or lime slices are all great. You can even make a curly-q of lemon or lime peel to drape over the side of the glasses.
- You can freeze lemonade or limeade in ice cube trays with fruit frozen in the cubes. This adds a nice tang when it melts, and looks so pretty!
This drink serves a ton of people and is such a cheap way to serve a nice drink to your guests! Stock up on the cheap soda and Crystal Lite when they are on sale and you will always have a fun drink on hand.
Happy savings to you :)