Our friends over at Baby Cheapskate recently posted THIS about winter clearance sales. Although Winter is just gearing up for us, in the retail world they are getting ready for spring already. This is great news for anyone that needs more clothes this winter or wants to get a jump start for next winter's clothes for a great price!
They also posted these tips
- Don’t see your favorite store on the list above? Try Googling “winter clearance” plus your favorite store to pull up posts about last years sales. Check the dates in the posts to see when you can expect the sale to start.
- Before the sales start, make a list of items you’re interested in purchasing. Take a look around at stores and become familiar with items you’re interested in buying. You might even bookmark the items. I like to buy all my son’s winter clothing for next year between now and March, including next year’s winter coat, fleece sweaters, hats and gloves, winter pjs, and jeans. I try to buy when they’re 40% off or more.
- Before you buy, be sure to Google the name of the store plus “coupon” to see what’s out there in the way of discounts and free shipping codes.
- Remember that winter clearance sales happen at kiddie consignment stores, too. Call your local stores to see when theirs are.
- Keep track of what you buy. I box up my winter clearance bargains, label the outside of the box with what’s in there, and pop the box in the top of my son’s closet. As fall approaches, I’ll take it down and go through it to remind myself of what I have before I buy anything else.
What are your best winter clothing clearance shopping tips?
-THANKS BABY CHEAPSKATE!