This Christmas you must learn that you DO NOT have to spend a lot to give a great gift! DIY projects are typically cheaper, fun to do, and much more meaningful to the person you are giving it to. Here are some things I've done in the past, or have done for me:
- Photo calendar
- Crochet/knit a scarf, hat, mittens, or blanket
- Make a photo book
- Make a photo deck of cards
- Write a song or poem
- Make a slideshow movie of fun times together
- Buy a neat frame from a thrift store or garage sale, paint it or spruce it up, and frame a nice picture for the person.
- Make a huge basket of thrift store books and toys (for kids)
- Make a recipe book of your favorite recipes, or family recipes
- Take old family photos and scan them, make a photo book, slide show, or simply a digital DVD.
- Put family videos on DVD
- Interview all friends or family members on why that person is loved, and put it in a slideshow or movie for them.
- Take a plain T-shirt, onesie, or sweatshirt and sew unique ribons, patches, buttons, and iron-ons to make a one-of-a-kind cute outfit! (Click HERE for an example)
These are just a few ideas. Here are more for you:
Click HERE for a cute photo coaster idea.
Click HERE to download loads of free crafting e-books, they are full of fun ideas.
Click HERE for super easy, DIY ties for the men in your life.
Click HERE for ideas on making shirts for people as gifts.
Click HERE to go to Etsy. It's a site where people sell hand-made goods. If you are crafty, just find something you like...and copy it!
Go to our D.I.Y. page for lots of other great ideas!
So that's it. This year put a little more thought and a lot less $$$ into those typical Christmas gifts. You, and the receiver of the gift, won't be disappointed.
Happy savings to you :)