Turns out, there are lots of fun things you can do with it! Remember our mantra? This is a great way to make it last longer!
First, be sure to wash the shower curtain. Wash it in cold water on a gentle cycle.
Next, get creative! Here are some neat things to do with that old shower curtain - or even a new shower curtain that you find for super cheap:
- Make baby bibs. Sew bias tape or ribbon on the top to go around the baby's neck (see image as an example), and fold up the bottom and sew it to create a food catching pocket. Pair these with used children's books in a cute basket, and you have a great, creative baby shower gift!
- Use it as a shield. Finger painting, crafts, a table cloth, as a drop-cloth to protect the floor under a high chair, put it down when doing a project, etc. You can even use it to protect a mattress!
- Use it as a water slide. Secure it to the ground with pegs, and off you go!
- Use it outside. Keep your patio furniture dry, cover your wood pile, cover a BBQ, cover plants on a frosty night, table cloth for your picnic table, kneel on it while weeding, use it as a tarp to gather plants while weeding or raking.
- Use it for a pattern. Rather than using paper patterns, cut the pattern out on the shower curtain. It will last much longer this way.
- Use it like a tarp. Put it on the ground at an outdoor concert or picnic to keep you dry, use it to gather plants when raking or weeding, or use it in the bottom of a tent.
- Make beach bags out of it. Throw all your wed stuff in, and away you go!
- Use it as a lining. Line the inside of diaper bags, coats, reusable grocery bags, etc.
And there you have it! Remember to try to be as creative as possible when you are considering throwing things out. There are often times many uses for your old items. Happy savings to you! :)